Hi, Friends.... i'm updating my blog after more than a year.... Lots of excuses creeping up in my brain for this, but bottom line is I've been lazy to get around working on the hindrances causing me not to update....
Chicken Meatballs and Spaghetti Recipe:
A very easy and tasty dish... I usually make it on a sunday afternoon when the kids are at home, so all at home can enjoy it hot when it is at its tastiest best.....
For chicken meat balls:
1. 1/4 kg chicken mince
2. 1 tsp each of ginger, garlic mince
3. 2 tsp of green chilli mince (use it according to your spice preference)
4. 2 tbsp of ground roasted bengal gram
5. 4 tbsp breadcrumbs.
For the sauce:
1. 5 ripe tomatoes
2. 7 cloves garli
3. 2 medium onions
4. 1 tsp of chilli powder
5. a bunch of basil leaves (i prefer fresh to dried)
6. a pinch of turmeric
7. salt to taste
Oil as per your preference. I used 3 tbspns of olive oil
1 packet spaghetti
4 - 5 litres of water
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp olive oil
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned for the meatballs and knead it well.
2. Make balls of the mix.
3. Shallow fry if you precook the mince or deep fry for 5 mins, on a medium flame, if you haven't precooked the mince.
1. Chop the onions and tomato very fine. Garlic needs to be minced.
2. Heat oil is a heavy bottomed pan. Add the garlic and stir fry till the raw smell is no more.
3. Now add the onions and fry till it is translucent.
4, Add tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add turmeric, salt and chilli powder, mix well and let the sauce cook.
6. The sauce is cooked when you see oil in all the corners. Now use a blender and make the sauce into an almost smooth paste.
7. Chope the basil leaves fine and add to the sauce, mix well and add the meatballs to it and mix.
8. Let the flavor of the meatballs combine with the sauce. Let it cook together for 5 mins, Keep mixing....
You can prepare the spaghetti midway of the sauce preparation.
Boil the water with a pinch of salt and add the spaghetti to it. Let the spaghetti cook till it is almost done. Drain immediately and add a spoon of olive oil and mix so it doesn't stick.
Now add the spaghetti to the sauce and mix well... Alternately, you can place the spaghetti and put the sauce on it..... You can also use red and yellow peppers in the sauce..... Grating cheese on top can also be done. I avoid cheese for the whole portion but for my kids i grate cheese and put their portion in the oven for 2 mins to melt the cheese......