Thursday, April 21, 2011

Methi Capsicum Rice

I haven't been updating my blog for sometime now since i was in the process of shifting from Bangalore to Mumbai. Now that i'm considerably settled, i'm back to my routines. The best part of Mumbai compared to Bangalore is the greens, fresh and good quality and quantity. The methi especially is not bitter when cooked even with the stalks.The brinjals here are in different varieties and very fresh. The cost is also less comparitively.

I tried this recipe as a one dish meal when i was in the process of settling. Luckily, i found the camera and decided to click away to add to my blog. Hence, the below dish.

I'm sending this to Srivalli's breakfast mela.

METHI CAPSICUM RICE



Ingredients:

2 cups rice (raw rice)
1 bunch methi (chopped fine alongwith the stalks)
2 medium sized capsicums (sliced lengthwise)
2 onions
2 tomatoes
2 green chillies (sliced lengthwise)
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 inch cinnamon
3 cloves
3 cardamoms
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
a pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil (you can use oil as per your taste, i like it less since it helps in my diet)

Method of Preparation:

1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and let it splutter.
2. Add onions and once it is translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add the capsicum and methi and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes and fry for another minute.
4. Now add the spice powders and salt, fry for a minute and then add the rice, mix well.
5. Add 4 cups water and pressure cook this for 2 whistles.

Garnish and serve as is or with raita......

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the entry..I know these will be great for brunches..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy Recipe, nice blog Latha.
    Plz check my blog when you are free
    http://tastyvantalu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi latha,

    nice healthy meal.gr8 way to give kids greens.

    www.sharemyrecipe.blogspot.com is my blog drop by when u get time.would like to hear from u..
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys well in this very special lock-down series I understand you have as limited resources as I have today. And for that, I’m making a recipe Capsicum rice which is very quick, very simple, and trust me very easy. Capsicum rice | capsicum recipes | recipes with capsicum|

    ReplyDelete