Thursday, April 21, 2011

Raw Banana fry

My kids would never eat raw banana in curries or avial. Incorporating raw bananas in their diet was a big challenge to me till i cooked it the below mentioned way quite by chance, actually. I have learnt different ways to cook banana from my mother, but always using coconut in one form or the other. One day i just tried cooking without coconut and VOILA!! everyone in my house became a fan of this dish, including my mom..... It is a great hit especially with my daughter. She doesn't mind having it without sharing with anyone..... Hence a dish which doesn't require much work from my side and is absolutely enjoyed by the kids and my husband.

RAW BANANA FRY




Ing
redients:

2 raw bananas
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dhania powder
a pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
Method of Preparation:

1. Peel the skin and slice the bananas round. If you want it extra crunchy, slice very thinly.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add the bananas and stir fry for a minute.
3. Add all the spice powders and keep stir frying till done.

Serve as a side dish. My daughter eats it as a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment